Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
What We Do: SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a human-sized enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com. This position is in Roanoke, VA, which is a great place to live because it is surrounded by the mountains but you can easily travel to major cities within a few hours drive.
What We Offer (best 2-3 things you offer candidates):
What You ll Do:
* Responsible for assisting with the machine start up, running production, and shut down.
* Perform quality tests and troubleshoot the process as needed.
* Maintain a clean and organized work space.
* Various other tasks as needed.
* This is a fast-paced environment with an 8 hour schedule.
* Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
* Production Experience is a Plus
* Mechanical Aptitude Preferred
* Basic Math, Reading, Writing skills required
* Basic Computer skills required
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance Required
* Ability to use a ruler or other measurement tools to ensure products meet customer expectations
* Ability to read and understand prints (part dimensions, fabrication, packaging)
* Experience with precision measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dedicated check fixtures and other hand tools is a Plus.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Preferred
* All applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen
Why Should You Apply*
* Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
* Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Retirement Plan with company matching
* Holiday Pay
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.