Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
POSITION: Sr. Inventory Management Specialist
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
JOB ID: 4799-RCAT 2
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Provides support to the Fielding and Sustainment Managers in the application and execution of standard fielding and property accountability policies and procedures.
* Support the development of materiel component listings for Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulations (TADSS) and other equipment and their entry into the Property Book Unit Supply Enhance (PBUSE) web application.
* Enters data requirements; quantity, MCN/NSN, UII, Serial Numbers into PBUSE.
* Transfers fielded items from the PM PBUSE Unit Identification Code (UIC) to the gaining activities within PBUSE.
* Coordinates request for the assignment of materiel accountability data, Nonstandard Line Item Number (NSLIN), National Stock Number (NSN)/Management Control Number (MCN), and Unique Item Identifier (UII), for complex training devices and equipment with DLA and LOGSA.
* Prepares fielding reports and gathers/analyzes fielding metrics.
* Coordinates and assists in the development of mitigation strategies to address open fielding actions (i.e., missing or late data or material and improper fielding per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and AR 700-142) and track open actions through completion.
* Knowledge of automated records and control systems, material substitution criteria, and storage, issue, and disposal processes
* Knowledge of a wide range of well-established and commonly applied supply principles, concepts, and methodologies pertaining to technical inventory management
* Ability to analyze requirements and suggest operating procedures and instructions adapted to local conditions
* Ability to perform analytical assignments involving specific issues associated with inventory management.
* Knowledge and skill in using automated supply databases for inventory management determinations
* Experience with Army web-based Property Book Unit Supply Enhanced (PBUSE) system
* Expertise and in-depth knowledge of inventory management and knowledge of a broad range of supply program relationships to analyze independently and resolve difficult inventory management issues problems.
* Ability to manage life cycle supply support programs for projects varying from low to medium complexity.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the policies, procedures and methods governing Government Property management.
* Secret Clearance
* High School Diploma
* Five years experience
* Intermediate Level knowledge of Microsoft Office products Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.