Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Britain, Connecticut
Monitors and supervises the cleaning of the plant production equipment and facility to meet food safety requirements as required by federal, state, and local regulations and by DFA to meet customer quality and safety standards. Ensures employees follow Company policies and procedures. Ensures that sanitation, quality and department efficiencies are maintained at or above standards. Supports the commitment and continual improvement to Food Safety and Quality programs.
Works in conjunction with department supervision to motivate, train, and instruct Sanitation Technicians in cleaning production equipment and the facility. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Works in conjunction with department supervision to insure proper staffing is available to efficiently conduct sanitation activities.
Maintain a good working relationship with employees through strong interpersonal and oral communications, teamwork, counseling, and fair and consistent enforcement of Company policies and procedures.
Cooperate with and maintain open communication between shifts and departments.
Conducts daily safety, sanitation, and GMP compliance inspections.
Maintain Master Sanitation schedule and required quality assurance documentation.
Supports QA Manager in with sanitation related budget elements, food safety and quality program development, preventative maintenance program develpoment and facility improvement recommendations.
Identifies and recommends expenditures in support of food safety and quality.
Reports food safety and quality issues to immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College degree, BS in Food/ Science/ Microbiology or related fields is a plus.
* 3 years' supervisory and sanitation experience in a food processing facility with direct in a food processing facility is a must.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Understand and have knowledge of chemicals used in the cleaning process; understand the manufacturing process and equipment parts/systems in order to ensure proper sanitization of equipment and efficient line startups.
* Understand and have knowledge of GMP, FDA, PMO, HACCP, and OSHA requirements.
* Analytical, consistent problem solving, project management, strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, teamwork, accurate and thorough, ethical, self-motivated, professional, consistently at work and on time, maintains confidentiality, follow-through, and attention to detail. Delegates work assignments and sets expectations, motivates others, develops skills for supervisors and operators, and values diversity.