Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
To provide support and assistance to Field Service Mechanics by providing prompt and efficient service in the repair and maintenance of Taylor material handling equipment as authorized by the customer and as assigned by the Service Center Manager.
Nature and Scope:
The Mechanic Helper reports directly to the Service Center Manager, but works under the immediate supervision of a Field Service Mechanic (FSM) assigned to perform repair and maintenance of material handling equipment. The Mechanic Helper will assist the FSM with major repairs to customer equipment. The incumbent will also assist in any tasks such as dismantling, overhauling, and assembling of equipment and machinery. The Mechanic Helper will work with the FSM in any way that will allow the FSM to perform repairs more efficiently. The incumbent will also assist in carrying machine parts, tools, and materials to and from the job, lifting and holding parts, cleaning up the work area, and any other necessary support needed by the FSM.
The Mechanic Helper will assist in providing the Service Center Manager information such as the name of the customer, description of machine, nature of malfunction, time involved in working, driving, waiting, and mileage so that proper accounts may be charged and proper billing is made.
In all duties, the Mechanic Helper will promote and enhance the company’s image by maintaining a neat personal appearance and by keeping the service truck in a clean, polished, and orderly condition. The incumbent will be courteous to the customer and the customer’s employees and the Mechanic Helper’s work habits will include initiative and a positive attitude.
Support the Field Service Mechanic by providing assistance and support:
1. Dismantling, overhauling, and assembling customer equipment and machinery on customer site. Repairs may be minor or major.
2. Carrying tools to and from the job, lifting and holding parts, and cleaning up work area when finished.
3. Preparing necessary paperwork for billing purposes and ensuring proper accounts are charged.
• High School Graduate or GED Equivalent.
• Natural mechanical abilities. Mechanical work experience is preferred.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record to be insurable by corporate insurance carrier.
• Must meet the physical demands of the job which includes stooping, bending, climbing, twisting and capability of lifting up to 50 pounds. May occasionally be required to lift 60 lbs, but this would be rare