Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
The position for a 2 nd shift supervisor. The shift runs from 4:30 pm to 2:30 am Tuesday through Friday. Starting rate of 16.50/ hr
• Implementation and Enforcement of all Safety policies, procedures, and behaviors to include:
o Daily stretching exercises, verification/sign-off of forklift safety check lists, Accident Investigations, coverage of monthly safety topics, verification of safe employee behaviors, usage of P.P.E, etc.
• Oversee all production related areas and coordinate activities of the shift production team.
o Ensure all team members are meeting and exceeding minimum quality and production requirements.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external SOP's, policies, and processes relating to plant operations.
• Coach, train, discipline, and supervise plant employees in an effective, business appropriate manner.
• Coordinate & communicate with other supervisors or leadership at shift changeovers and as required.
• Accurate and timely completion of all required paperwork including documentation of shift's activities, production, trailers loaded/unloaded, accident reporting, etc.
• Ensure sanitation and good housekeeping practices are being enforced and maintained.
• Operate a Fork-Lift in a safe manner (training and certification to be provided).
• Hands-on position.
o Ability to lift 70 lbs. consistently throughout duration of shift.
o Ability to effectively perform a job requiring consistent, repetitive motion, bending, twisting, and lifting.
• Any other duties as assigned by site leadership.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and lead a diverse team, including customers, vendors, and business partners.
o Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Forklift certification and proficiency.
• Industrial Safety Practices (OSHA, etc.).
• Effective written, verbal, and email communication skills.
• Strong decision making, problem solving, results oriented, and customer service skills.
• Self-motivated and self-learner.
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and 5S preferred, but not required.
• 2+ years of Supervisory experience, preferably in a fast-paced, production based warehouse or manufacturing environment, including key holder responsibility.
• High School Diploma, GED, or comparable work related experience preferred.
• Computer literate with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and web based program familiarity, preferred, but not required.
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also here.