APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Job Description Summary The selected candidate will be required to work in a safety sensitive team environment with other co-workers and managers.
• Perform welding duties to service and maintenance on plant equipment as needed, using ladders to access platforms, and landings. Use of hand, power tools and a welder are a plus.
• Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment such as bob cat, skid steer, man lift, water truck, and haul truck. Report any problems to your manager.
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
• Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
• Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Requirements The ideal candidate will:
• Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
• Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
• Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Previous welding or related experience in the construction field and/or training.
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Nearest Major Market: Fayetteville Job Segment: Maintenance, Welding, Manufacturing