Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ames, Iowa
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost, not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
A Polysomnographic Technologist works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M. D., D.O., PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Technician and may provide supervision of other staff.
* Gather and analyze patient information. Verify documentation and physician orders.
* Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary.
* Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
* Performs diagnostic and therapeutic (CPAP, BIPAP) polysomnography, MSLT and MWT.
* Performs CPAP downloads for all clinic visits and when directed by physician.
* Performs polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments, if necessary.
* Performs routine PAP mask fitting.
* Documents routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
* Performs routine maintenance and upkeep of all computerized sleep systems.
* Performs polysomnography record scoring and report generation.
* Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions.
* Manages own patient schedules and works with patients to troubleshoot issues and concerns.
* Educates patient on equipment (i.e., actigraphy, home study and oximetry), tracks equipment and produces report for physicians; cleans and prepare equipment for next use.
* Meets with patients after physician appointment to review equipment order, troubleshoot and answer any patient questions.
* Trains and mentors staff Polysomnography Technicians and students.
* Follows all procedure protocols.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to an associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography OR successful completion of a polysomnography program of no less than one year duration associated with a state licensed and/or nationally accredited educational facility OR equivalent experience and documented proficiency at all competencies required of a Polysomnographic Technologist.
* Certification by a nationally recognized certification board as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT). Licensed by the State of Iowa as a Polysomnographic Technologist.
* Maintain the RPSGT credential and the State Licensure through educational activity as outlined by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BRPT) and State of Iowa.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certification include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
* Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.