Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Menlo Park, California
About us: LifeMoves is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services across Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Peninsula. As a results-driven organization, since 1987, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy. LifeMoves operates over 15 major sites from San Jose to Daly City.
Culture: LifeMoves staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: LifeMoves is seeking a motivated, positive, team-oriented individual to serve as a Senior Grant Writer. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the entire Grants team in leading all LifeMoves grant and contract applications and submissions. The Senior Grant Writer works closely with the Development, Finance, Program, and Compliance Teams to pursue and achieve the fundraising goals of LifeMoves’ operating and strategic plans. This is a part-time position; some evenings and weekends may be required.
The successful Sr. Grant Writer is a motivated, positive, team-oriented individual with excellent writing and communication skills, who will be responsible for leading substantial segments of LifeMoves grant and contract applications and submissions. The Sr. Grant Writer works closely with the Development, Finance, Program, and Compliance Teams to pursue and achieve the fundraising goals of LifeMoves operating and strategic plans. This is a full-time position; some evenings and weekends may be required. The successful candidate must be able to:
• Identify, cultivate, secure, and renew public contract and private grant funding
• Review and recommend application strategies and approaches for public and private RFP solicitations
• Attend public contract and private grant RFP information sessions
• Build and maintain expert knowledge of LifeMoves programs, and research economic and labor market indicators and policies/theories concerning homelessness and homeless service providers in order to prepare accurate, comprehensive, and persuasive funding requests and reports
• Lead writing, preparation, and submission of all public and private letters of inquiry and proposals, including drafting high-quality, creative, engaging cases for support incorporating relevant, current research for organization operating funds and specific programs and projects
• Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration with Program and Compliance Teams to develop specific, relevant, achievable goals and objectives for each funding prospect
• Coordinate with the Finance Team to present accurate budgets
• Draft, assemble, and submit high-quality private grant and public contract proposals
• Maintain accurate and complete grant records in agency files, in Salesforce, and in any other required electronic or paper formats
• Assist with public and private grant and contract updates and reporting
• Support maintenance of the grants and contract submission calendar and provide regular updates of grant activity and deadlines
• Support and facilitate weekly Grants Team meeting with cross-functional organization representation, where appropriate
• Provide regular updates of grant and contract activity, deadlines, and awards/declines
• Participate in strategic planning, development team, and quarterly business review meetings
The candidate in this position may be requested to work with other Departments across the agency in a variety of cross-functional roles, including, without limitation:
• Project management
• Program review
• Contract analysis
• Other duties as assigned.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.lifemoves.org
LifeMoves is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)