Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
The Publications Manager will report directly to the Senior Director, Medical Affairs Planning and Operations.
Key activities that the publication manager will facilitate and support include abstracts, posters, and oral presentations at scientific congresses, submission of manuscripts to scientific journals. The individual will be responsible for adhering to and supporting all of Allakos's SOPs, which includes adhering to GPP3 and ICMJE best practices.
As the Publications Manager, you will:
* Manage the overall development and approval process for assigned documents within timelines, including documentation generation, initiation of review process, discussions on proposed revisions, and document completion in collaboration with other team members
* This includes, but is not limited to: directing, authoring, editing and providing input to scientific abstracts and manuscripts, presentations, posters, and publications
* Critically analyze complex information and collaborates with clinical and statistical teams on data description, presentation and analysis
* Assist in coordinating internal stakeholder and author interactions, develop project timelines, maintain compliance with publication industry and company standards, and ensure timely achievement of project milestones
* Ensure all publication activities adhere to Allakos SOPs (which includes ICMJE and GPP3), which includes filing, archiving, and timely communications and follow-up with all key stakeholders
* Provide updates of scientific publication activities on a regular basis and/or as directed. This may include provision of updates in PowerPoint, word, or other formats
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERTISE:
* BS/BA degree in a scientific or health-related field required; PharmD, PhD or MD preferred
* At least 1 (Medical Writer I) to 5 years (Senior Medical Writer) of experience, or equivalent, in medical/regulatory/publication writing in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device, medical communications, or CRO industries
* Demonstrated ability to produce clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications describing scientific and clinical data in English
* Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
* Ability to work collaboratively and coordinate the efforts of team members to resolve comments, and produce a final high-quality document
* Independently motivated with good problem-solving skills allowing analysis, synthesis and compilation of data from a broad range of disciplines
* Well-organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and complete high-quality documents according to timelines
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, cohesive, collaborative team-oriented work environment
* Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, and effective publications, including the ability to turn data into visuals that convey the key messages and to communicate complex information effectively and accurately.
This position is located in the Allakos corporate office in Redwood City, CA
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.