Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
The Loan Loss Recovery Support Specialist is responsible for supporting administrative functions related to charged off recovery and recovering monies charged off as a loss to the Credit Union in accordance with Credit Union policies and philosophy. This person will be knowledgeable of all Credit Union policies, guidelines and procedures. This person must also demonstrate the ability to develop a working knowledge of all products and collection processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
* Have knowledge of and follow/abide by state and federal laws pertaining to collections, levies, liens, consumer rights, or record of all actions.
* Monitor and document status of all pending accounts with the Collection System.
* Maintain prompt follow up on all collection accounts.
* Skip-trace and locate debtors.
* Negotiate settlements with debtors, attorneys and third parties on charged-off accounts.
* Serve as an escalation point for charged off collection issues.
* Ensure written procedures are documented for all areas of responsibility.
* Report any issues that will adversely affect recovery or impact the Credit Union.
* Review vendor invoices, request vendor checks, process payment coupons, and compile account documents as requested.
* Audit daily input of new charged-off accounts into the collection system, payments, and charged off account closure.
* Manage department incoming and outgoing consumer and internal customer communications: e-mail, voicemail, facsimile, letters, and any other communication method. Track department complaints and other department impacted issues.
* Prepare various queues for department work, from unattended dialer, pre-view dialer, any other misc. queues, and provide reporting on queue performance.
* Update credit bureaus as required, prepare reports and assemble documents for portfolio sales.
* Perform additional duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS * High School diploma or equivalent work experience required.
* Minimum 2 years of telephone collections and/or administrative and/or financial institution experience required.
* Collections experience at a financial institution preferred.
* Experience with legal collections preferred.
* Certification or knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act preferred.
* Ability to change within working responsibilities, be it internal, market or regulatory driven.
* Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under deadlines.
* Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.