Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lemont Furnace, Pennsylvania
Job TitleMechanic 1 Field
LocationLemont Furnace, PA, US
Organization NameUniversal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Mechanic 1 is involved in the servicing, maintaining and repairing of equipment which requires basic knowledge of equipment maintenance including electrical systems, brake systems, and engine repairs; knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and computerized systems used in the maintenance department, adjustment and repair equipment and accessories; working knowledge of wiring and electrical theory and engine principles; general knowledge of hydraulic systems; and applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to automotive and other power driven equipment.
This position will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) rules, practices and guidelines
* Inspect equipment to determine necessary parts needed for repair
* Perform minor diagnostic tests using engine analyzers
* Diagnose and repair minor electrical systems on equipment and make minor repairs to equipment
* Install parts, operate and maintain tools, machinery and systems used in the maintenance, and/or equipment repair process
* Troubleshoot and repair systems and components, repair pumps and perform minor welding and brazing work
* Ensure that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by performing proper equipment operation, function and maintenance
* Retrieve materials for maintenance and repairs
* Ensure proper documentation is obtained for all work performed, includes materials and labor
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Basic knowledge and skills in well service equipment/vehicle repair or preventive maintenance
* Have and utilize your own set of basic hand tools
* Demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
* Willing and able to maintain and repair assigned equipment in a safe manner while working in all weather conditions during a possible 12+ hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays
* Ability to travel as needed to other offices and drilling rig work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
* Ability to frequently lift or move up to 80 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
* Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements, including pulmonary function tests; meet the minimum physical requirements (Essential Functions Test); wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a respirator; and a pre-employment background check
* This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* At least 21 years of age
* Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver s license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines
* 1+ years of verifiable mechanical experience in the troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, and inspecting of hydraulic and electrical equipment as well as overhauling engines and transmissions
* Certification from trade or technical school in maintenance or repair
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right-hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.