Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER SITE DEVELOPMENT
GLOBAL ENGINEERING FIRM
In the Senior Civil Engineer role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical expertise to the civil staff for diverse engineering activities on land development projects, under general direction of the Project Manager. Projects can range from commercial, single-family, multi-family, theme park, resorts and federal projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES * Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing and executing project assignments.
* Selects problems for investigation, developing novel approaches and solutions to technical problems.
* Recommends changes or improvement to plans and programs.
* Acts as the engineering / technical leader of land development projects.
* Provides high-level direction to the design team by being two or three steps in front of the design and production process so that potential design and scheduling issues and resource needs can be identified as soon as possible.
* Assists the project manager with forward planning and leadership.
* Must lead the design team by example and mentor the less-experienced staff, and be able to delegate work to the appropriate team members.
* Has a thorough understanding of the criteria related to site grading and drainage, sanitary sewers, water main design, storm systems, roadways, earthwork, ADA compliance, pavement markings, and signage.
* Strong familiarity with stormwater management, erosion, and sediment control.
* Must work effectively and coordinate efficiently with outside consultants including architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and landscape architects.
* Attends such meetings as appropriate or necessary by the project manager.
* Shares experiences and insight with the design team to help the team produce deliverables that are sound and follow local design standards, criteria, guidelines and engineering practices.
* Can complete the conceptual design of different elements of a project, but also able to provide specific design assistance when warranted such as a pending due date.
* Conducts quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, evaluations and specifications developed by design staff for accuracy and completeness, performing on-site inspections and reviews, and conducting or overseeing remedial design work.
QUALIFICATIONS * B.S. or M.S. in Engineering
* 10+ years experience in engineering, preferred
* PE License Required
* Extensive experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D, ICPR, WaterCAD, StormCAD, grading, utility & lift station design, permitting and plans production.
* Must be able to coordinate well with others, including other in-house structural, highway, and drainage design teams, water resources staff, landscape architects, surveyors, subconsultants, etc.
* Must have ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
* Must have ability to visit project sites or attend meetings outside the office, if necessary.
* Must have ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment.
* Must have ability to assemble and analyze data.
* Must have ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and select appropriate solutions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS * Competitive Annual Base Salary (Depending on experience, certifications and qualifications)
* Benefits Package - health, dental, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, Paid Time off
* Growth with firm
FOR IMMEDIATE REVIEW AND CONSIDERATION, CONTACT:
FOR ALL ACTIVE INTERIOR TALENT JOB LISTINGS, PLEASE VISIT JOBS.INTERIORTALENT.COM
WHY WORK WITH INTERIOR TALENT? * OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
* Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
* We work with the DECISION MAKERS Owners, Principals, Directors and HR
* CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
* EXPERTISE: 17 years of experience
* We are your advocate and WE GET IT we know making a career decision is difficult and we re here for you throughout the whole process