Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reston, Virginia
The QA Performance Test Engineer will drive the effort to build new performance test frameworks and/or extend existing frameworks that runs seamlessly in our CI/CD pipeline. These frameworks will allow us to perform volume, load and stress testing in different environments.
PERFORMANCE TESTING REQUIREMENTS: * Lead design, implementation of Performance test frameworks for Cloud and Big Data Applications.
* Design, Develop, execute performance test suites to evaluate and provide technical assistance to improve system availability, performance, reliability, and scalability .
* Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability.
* Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions.
* Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
* Evaluate system performance and recommend improvements.
* As a lead, enroll and inspire the organization in implementing effective best practices and making quality a top priority.
* Analyze Performance test results and work with Engineers to perform bug fixes.
* Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Developers, DevOps, PM, Architect) to design an effective Automated Test Strategy for Volume, Load & Stress Testing
* Generate periodic performance reports for management review.
* Lead the test automation engineering team to create and support load/scale testing on their respective projects.
QUALIFICATIONS * 5+ years as a performance test automation engineer
* Experience with Load (JMeter), Gatling, API (REST Web Services) automation testing tools or similar
* Experience with web services REST API test automation
* Solid understanding of Software Quality Assurance methodologies & practices.
* Demonstrated ability to investigate and resolve difficult technical challenges.
* Hands on experience with integrating automated tests into DevOps pipelines.
IDEALLY, YOU POSSESS * Passion for software quality as a discipline
* Experience designing, writing, running, and maintaining automated tests
* Experience in all stages of performance testing including UI, API, volume, load & stress test.
* Experience with SaaS and web-based software
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills