Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The C4ISR Solutions Operations (C4ISR) within the Leidos Defense Group had an opening for a Vice President, Modeling, Simulation & Training (MS&T) Division. Work location for this position is based in Orlando, FL.
Reporting to the C4ISR Solutions Operations (C4ISR) SVP, the MS&T Division, Division Manager provides overall leadership for one of four C4ISR divisions. The MS&T Division Manager will be responsible for approximately $70m in revenue, with a team of Leidos employees and subcontractors based primarily in the Orlando FL area, but expanding in other regions such as Huntsville, AL. This division s area of focus include developing, delivering, and maintaining holistic live, virtual and constructive training systems for the US DoD and International MoDs.
Scope of responsibility includes leadership with a commitment to developing, engaging and retaining a high-performing team; collaboration across organizations; integrated business strategy development consistent with the Operation s overall C4ISR strategy; program performance oversight, IR&D and B&P investments, and nurturing of all customer relationships. In addition, the Division Manager must be able to monitor, forecast, and meet annual business plan financial targets, growth objectives and technical performance; identify, plan and execute business development strategies; lead capture and proposal activities; and provide pipe-line development for top-line growth aligned with Operation and Group strategic plans.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
TECHNICAL SKILLS: - History of success leading and managing multiple program(s) of high complexity providing products, services, and customer support. Must have demonstrated experience growing programs through on-contract growth, mission expansion, and the capture of follow-on work. Must have a history of successfully leading diverse teams supporting development and sustainment activities. The candidate must have direct experience working in a classified environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor s Degree or an advanced degree is strongly preferred (military service and simulation/training industry experience may be considered in lieu of degree). A minimum of fifteen (15) + years of relevant experience in program management, business management, engineering and business development required. Candidate must possess a minimum of six (6) years of team leadership experience, working with a distributed organization and a demonstrated record of leading and managing an organization. Successful candidate must also possess:
* Demonstrated and consistent success in achieving or exceeding financial goals, revenue and profit growth, and market expansion with the communicative ability to engage new customers and present solutions to complex problems.
* Program management skills, experience supporting a variety of customers, and managing a diverse technical team.
* Ability to manage multiple complex demands concurrently.
* Interdisciplinary leadership skills with a proven track record of managing and mentoring senior level staff in a successful organization.
* Demonstrated understanding of the methodology necessary to target and capture future work, along with demonstrated results.
* Ability to gain internal consensus support; operate independently without supervision or feedback; conceive new and innovative ideas and solutions; predicting potential outcomes, and determine which alternative course of action to follow
* Ability to establish positive, constructive relationships with technical and functional staff, managers, and peers within the Operation, Group, and across Leidos organizations.
* Experience in identifying potential partners, developing teaming agreements and working with other team members to develop a total integrated business solution. In depth experience with the operational requirements of customer base.
* Experience in mergers and acquisition process target identification, evaluation, closure and integration. Experience in leveraging IRAD to develop technology discriminators.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
* Ability to obtain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
* Managing an modeling, simulation and/or training organization as well as a deep understanding of and background in DoD related live, virtual and constructive training systems technology.
* Proven success transitioning MS&T technology programs to operational use.
* Experience taking IR&D activities to deployed solutions.
* Familiarity with Leidos financial management, program management, and contracting approaches and processes.
* P/L responsibility $60M
* Established/proven working relationships across the DoD MS&T communities - to include an understanding of competitors capabilities, key players and decision makers and likely strategies within that market.
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS:
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORK:
CLEARANCE LEVEL REQUIRED:
Yes, 10% of the time
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.