Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
PRN DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Report to and work within the client s home for contracted support assignment.
Provide companionship/friendship/mentorship to the client as a positive role model.
Provide support and assistance to the client, including but not limited to:
Housekeeping to maintain aclean and safe home
Assist in pursuing personal interests andgoals
Complete documentation in compliance withrequirements
Schedule and attend medical appointments with the client and provide support in reporting any health concerns or changes tophysicians and to RHD
Honor choices and preferences as identified inthe client s Individual Support Plan
Implement treatment protocols according to theclient s Behavior Support Plan as necessary
* Provide companionship and friendship to the person supported.
* Maintain and accurately account for all of the person s household resources, including possessions (monetary and others) and supplies.
* Provide support in purchasing groceries and household supplies.
* Provide support in preparing meals, maintaining a clean, sanitary home, reporting any maintenance needs promptly and managing the general household.
* Provide needed assistance in taking prescribed medications and documenting as required. Provide support in reporting any health concerns to physicians, and RHD-Missouri personnel.
* Provide needed support in personal hygiene and maintenance of a neat and clean appearance.
* Provide support to the person in pursuing community based interests, including providing transportation when needed.
* Honor choices and preferences as identified in the person s individual support plan.
* When applicable, follow interventions/preventions identified in the Behavior Support Plan and Crisis Plan.
* Participate in scheduled meetings, training activities and provide accurate information about the person supported as requested by RHD-Missouri.
Experience supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred but NOT required
FREE training and support is provided by RHD
High School Diploma/GED
Valid Driver s License
Reliable vehicle with current car insurance
Background check with no felony convictions (somemisdemeanor offenses may disqualify)
Candidates must successfully complete required training
WHO WE ARE
Resources for Human Development is a national human services non-profit founded in 1970, specializing in creating innovative, quality services that support people of all abilities and challenges wherever the need exists. We support more than 160 programs across 14 states, serving tens of thousands of people of all abilities every year. RHD maintains a corporate office in Philadelphia, which provides fiscal supervision, management oversight, support and encouragement, and technical assistance to its programs. RHD prides itself on its history of innovation, not only in the services we offer but also in our management approach rooted in RHD s Values. RHD is committed to the fundamental value of dignity and respect for all human beings, to the empowerment of our consumers and staff, and to the flexibility to meet the changing needs of all our partners and those we serve.
RHD s mission is to provide caring, effective, and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they work to achieve the highest level of independence possible and build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
WHAT WE DO LOCALLY
Resources for Human Development has been delivering trauma-informed, person-centered services to people with intellectual disabilities in Missouri since 2008. RHD Missouri s Residential Program meets people s needs in a way that treats people with respect and dignity and places a premium on their quality of life. We provide residential services as well as arts based day programs in St. Louis County, Saint Charles, and Kansas City.
WORK WITH US
At RHD Missouri, you can build a career you re proud of. With RHD you re a partner. We work together to help people to build successful lives - both client and caregiver. RHD Missouri s day and residential programs strive to give individuals the opportunity and ability to create their own services and to be able to offer a support that fits their needs and preferences. We believe that RHD demonstrates its commitment to employees by listening and responding to employee concerns and inviting an ongoing dialogue to improve culture. Together We Are Better, Together We Are RHD..
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.