Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Under direct supervision of the Patient Access Services Senior Manager, the Ambulance Flow Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of inbound and outbound non-emergent ambulance flow. To support timely and patient friendly discharges, the coordinator will incorporate volume projections, time sensitive and comprehensive communication and process improvement strategies. The coordinator will work closely with Police and Security, Case Management, Patient Care Services, and EMS staff to insure all areas are aware of and prepared for pending discharges as well as identify times throughout the day where patient flow and ambulance traffic could be compromised.
This is an integral position within the organization as recent construction projects have made it necessary to relocate much of the non-emergent ambulance traffic. This position is vital to minimizing the effect of this on internal and external customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Proactively anticipate the weekly and daily EMS parked time needs for ambulance vehicle traffic and coordinate with EMS staff, Fallon Onsite Facilitator, Case Management, and Nursing to facilitate efficient throughput of the EMS staff and the patients they transport.
* Ongoing communication and coordination with Police and Security staff to advise and alert of possible peak traffic times. Work with Police and Security to implement contingency plan where and when appropriate.
* Ongoing communication and coordination with Patient Care Units to coordinate ensure and track the readiness and efficient discharge of patients from their respective units.
* Monitor and communicate with EMS staff to ensure proper and efficient arrival and departure from the hospital and allotted parking locations.
* Monitor and evaluate the throughput processes pertaining to patient transport via ambulance and can troubleshoot to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the patient and traffic flow.
* Track scheduled and actual arrival time of EMS staff, departure time, the purpose of the travel, and the units the EMS staff travel to/from.
* Participate in productivity and quality/process improvement projects as appropriate and as assigned by the Manager.
* Utilize software systems (i.e. Epic, PALS, Fleet Eyes, security camera monitor) to review and manage outbound transportation requests.
* Assist field crews as needed.
* Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Exceptional Customer Service skills
* Basic computer skills and be proficient in windows application software: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
* Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituents
* Ability to exercise judgment in managing the coordination of EMS staff and patient arrivals and as well as in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
* Ability to handle stressful situations
Demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow as both an individual and team member
* Minimum of 1 year of operational experience
* Prior healthcare experience
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of EMS protocols and scope of practice
The Ambulance Operations Coordinator will work both in and outdoors to ensure efficient traffic flow of EMS vehicles in and out of the pre-designated parking spaces.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Ability to push, pull and move patients up to 300 pounds.
Ability to lift items weighing 50 pounds.
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.