Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Villanova, Pennsylvania
The Director provides strategic and operational leadership to the Villanova University Honors Program, creating vibrant, engaging, and rigorous opportunities to cultivate the minds and enlarge the sensibilities of our students, provide a platform for faculty to bring forth innovative pedagogy and inquiry across disciplines, and create a community of fellowship. The Director provides oversight and leadership in the development and administration of all practices associated with Honors education at Villanova, which include, but are not limited to the following specific areas: recruiting and admitting students, developing the Honors curriculum, scheduling Honors courses, advising Honors students, offering extracurricular events and professional development opportunities (e.g. lectures, cultural events, and social activities), supervising staff and periodic reviews to assess/measure the success of the program in meeting its goals, and administering the budget. The Director works collaboratively with the Deans (and their designees) and department chairs/program directors to ensure Honors students have an excellent four-year Honors experience.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
• Provide a dynamic curriculum of study that is rigorous, innovative, and supports the mission of the University and supports the partnerships with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the School of Business, the College of Engineering and the Fitzpatrick College of Nursing
• Assists all academic programs, departments, and colleges in the development of effective, innovative models appropriate to their respective disciplines, goals, and objectives
• Collaborate with department chairs/program directors in the different colleges to schedule departmental/program Honors courses and to recruit faculty to teach Honors seminars as well as the departmental/program Honors courses
• Establish structures to ensure that Honors education at Villanova develops students' active and independent learning skills
• Expand the role of the Honors Program throughout the University in developing experimental models, implementing pilot programs, and establishing structures to provide support for the strategic plans of the University and its colleges and departments
• Encourage and support colleagues in the development of models for interdisciplinary teaching across academic departments and colleges
• Develop and manage co-curricular programs that reinforce the shared interests of the Honors community
• Collaborate with University partners, including but not limited to the Center for Research and Fellowships, Office of Education Abroad, Career Center and AVP for Professional Development, Learning Support Offices, the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and University Institutes to inform, create, and amplify student opportunities
• Increase the informational and funding resources necessary for student, faculty, and curriculum development
• Serve as an ambassador of the Honors program, partnering with University Advancement, Alumni Relations, University Admissions, and University Communications and Marketing to engage alumni and external stakeholders in Honors program opportunities
• Manage Honors student recruitment programs, in coordination with University Admissions/Enrollment Management, to support the application, yield, and retention goals
• Serve on the Advisory Board of the Presidential Scholars Program ( PSP ) and incorporates the Presidential Scholars into the Honors Program
• Develop effective mentoring programs for all Honors students in collaboration with the colleges
• Pursue cooperative initiatives with other Honors programs and institutions to enhance student and faculty access to educational resources
• Create and sustain a network of Honors Program alumni to provide additional resources for current students in matters of internships, fellowships, graduate and professional schools, and career possibilities
• Manage the Honors Program staff, conduct annual reviews of the staff's performances and develop and implement training and development opportunities for the Honors program team
• Provides formalized status/activity reports and, as requested, ad hoc reports/briefings to the AVPTL
• As directed by the AVPTL , perform and report on any assigned, ad hoc, special projects
The Director must have Ph.D. or other terminal degree.
The Director must be a tenured faculty member at Villanova University at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
The Director must have taught in the Honors Program.
The Director must demonstrate strategic thinking, strong communications and servant leadership abilities, great collaboration and teamwork skills, a high degree of organizational skills, creativity, and the ability to ensure that initiatives and programs achieve their desired results. The Director must demonstrate a deep commitment to the mission and values of Villanova University's Catholic/Augustinian heritage and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
In your cover letter, please address your interest in this position and vision for the Villanova University Honors Program.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
(Open Ended Question)