Torrent is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Overland Park office: Underwriter What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Underwriting manager, reviews, analyzes and handles quotations, services existing book of business.
- Utilizes appropriate software to evaluate recommendations and determine policy approval and process all additional policy-related information.
- In the first 30 days you can expect to participate in a robust training program of class room, on the job and computer based training depending on your underwriting and flood experience.
- Work an 8 hour shift between our hours of operation 7am-7pm Monday- Friday.
- In this role you can expect to service our clients and colleagues primarily via phone and chat, you must be comfortable working in a phone based position while providing top teir customer service.
- You will be joining a team of highly motivated and knowledgeable individuals ranging from Sr. Underwriters to Jr. Underwriters.
- Work in a desirable location on a campus with tons of employee amenities .
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What you need to have:
- Underwrite new submissions to ensure new policies are correct, per guidelines.
- Process endorsements, cancellations and reinstatement's, and handle billing issues and completes policy issuance.
- Review all underwriting information to include applications, photographs, elevation certificates and third party internet resources to correctly underwrite the policy.
- Provide customer service to agents Respond to by phone support, online chat and emails and meet required production KPIs as defined by leadership.
- De-escalate difficult customers and bring situations to complete resolution.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of time management techniques by working independently with moderate supervision and as a participating and contributing member of a team.
- Actively and consistently participate in and contribute to group activities to include daily huddles, team meetings, and training opportunities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with agents, customers, coworkers and others.
- Communicate in a concise, tactful, prompt and effective manner both over the phone and by email.
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Insurance experience, underwriting experience preferred.
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge of systems and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge and comfortable using the Microsoft suite. Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous customer service experience
- 2+ years of Underwriting experience with ANFI designation
- Experience working underwriting methodologies and flood insurance practices along with experience working with organizational insurance procedures and policies.
- Time management skills along with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and clients
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every
facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks
they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and
manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance
program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise,
global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their
interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities
for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every
industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a
culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies,
a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including:
health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career
mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our
company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.