Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Days and/or Nights as needed (PRN)
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Ambulate and transfer residents utilizing appropriate assistance devices and body mechanics.
• Turn and reposition residents every two hours or as needed.
• Make beds every day, changing linens per facility policy and as needed.
• Obtain vital signs as directed by the nurse.
• Care for incontinent residents.
• Measure and record intake and output.
• Pass out meal trays and feed or set up as needed. Document food and nourishment intake.
• Keep assigned residents’ bedside area clean at all times and personal belongings in orderly arrangement.
• Assist with development and review of care plans in conjunction with nursing and other disciplines.
• Assist in orientation of new nursing assistants.
• Participate in in-service programs.
• Exhibit and perform proper hand-washing techniques.
• Maintain proper infection control when handling clothing and linens.
• Detect, correct, and report to the charge nurse any unsafe conditions, which may result in bodily injury or fire.
• Receive oral report and written assignment from the charge nurse at the beginning of each shift.
• Execute duties and responsibilities in conformance with the established routine.
• Observe and report symptoms, reactions, and change in condition of the resident to the charge nurse.
• Assist the charge nurse in performing various procedures.
• Immediately answer the call light of each resident.
• Clean items such as wash basins, urinals, lifts and shower equipment after use, and return to its proper place.
• Record bowel movements of the assigned residents.
• Check residents every two hours and before going off duty to be sure they are clean and dry.
• Document on appropriate forms all personal care given to each resident.
• Communicate and observe the Corporate Compliance Program and comply with Code of Conduct.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• Valid Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in long-term care/acute care setting .
• Must have CPR certification.
• Internal candidates will be evaluated upon completion of educational training.
Skills & Physical Requirements:
• Good communication skills
• Patience and self-discipline
• Must be able to lift residents, assist a resident that is falling, and lift a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
• Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 100-150 pounds with assistance.
• Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to remain at a resident’s side for a prolonged period of time without sitting for purposes of monitoring and observation.
• Must be able to manually position residents that are lying in bed or sitting in a chair.
• Must be able to push an occupied wheelchair or Geri chair.
• Must be able to move immobile residents from the bed to a chair alone or with the assistance from another staff mem-ber and/or mechanical lift.
• Position involves repetitive bending, reaching and lifting.