Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
Apply Now DATE POSTED 05/31/2020 Requisition Number: 263236BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Content Development, Editorial, Product Management Position Type: Full Time POSITION SUMMARY
The SeniorInstructional Designer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining curricula and programs used to train employees in a variety of functions.
In this role you will conduct needs assessments, select instructional models, and design instructional content. Your scope of responsibilities also includes development of instructional materials in consultation with subject matter experts (SME's). And, you will curate content and teach experts how to generate and share this content. You will ensure that instructional programs are effectively implemented and you will evaluate content and adjust as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate with leadership team and business Subject Matter Experts to design engaging learning that enhances business performance
Partner with the business, Small and Medium Size Business (SMB) to create clear learning objectives in support of business goals
Design and develop high-quality learning content to meet the needs of the SMB audience
Conduct reviews of training materials to ensure learning objectives are met
Provide enhancements and revisions to existing materials based on SME/Stakeholder feedback
Maintain current knowledge of latest industry tools and processes
Actively participate in and/or facilitate in-person or virtual meetings as needed to support learning projects
Maintain accurate status of projects, milestones, and tasks in the team project tracking tool
Facilitate in-person or virtual train the trainer sessions
Diagnose and escalate risks of design projects to appropriate Business Leadership
Design and develop comprehensive learning solutions, incorporating multiple deliverables (e-learn, online, video, simulations, Instructor-led, Virtual, etc.), to meet business and performance objectives
Manage all functions of eLearning design, including storyboarding, scripting, assessment, and multi-media inclusion
Create and implement evaluation plans to demonstrate business impact of training initiatives
Achieve and model team quality standards in all aspects of learning design while managing 3-5 projects at a time
Proactively partner with internal customers to determine performance and training needs
Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
Apply business skills to managing instructional design
Promote collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the participants of a project
Serve as a mentor and/or knowledge resource to less experienced designers
Model the adoption of ongoing improvements in team processes and standards
Develop partner relationships with SMEs and stakeholders to ensure that training meeting expectations beyond initial implementation
Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
* Ability to leverage advanced and emerging digital learning tools, delivery methods, and platforms
* Ability to provide guidance and support to others on using designated technology to perform tasks
* Ability to select most effective tools, delivery methods, and platforms based on internal customer needs
* Ability to develop technical skills to increase personal capabilities, speed, and quality of learning interactions
* Critical thinking and analytical skills
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel, including Executives
* Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner
* Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* BA/BS in Instructional Design, Human Resource Development, Education or related field experience required
* Specialized training in instructional design methodologies required
Related Work Experience
* Instructional design experience - 4 years; with a minimum 3 years' experience with E-learning programs: Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Presenter, or Lectora
* Project management and project leadership experience - 4+ years
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
* Skills in multimedia curriculum development
* Prior sales experience or experience creating sales training.
* Skills in graphic design, video editing and animation
* Knowledge of a variety of training delivery systems; classroom, online, web based etc.
* Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
* Experience with platform delivery and presentations
* Knowledge of cable television products and services a plus
* Demonstrated effective team player
* Facilitate partnering at a high level on all initiatives
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to virtually meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. FCC Unit: HQ452 Business Unit: Marketing Apply Now Apply Later
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.