Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Performing technical and clerical functions to process, prepare, cut and stain tissue specimens for microscopic histologic examination
* Performing routine and complex procedures to determine histochemical reactions on pathology specimens
* Will be expected to rotate thru all stations of laboratory which may involve various work schedules within the dayshift (5am to 6pm)
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Generalist experience in a hospital environment preferred
* Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or in Medical Technology from an accredited institution required
* Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or Associates degree in Medical Technology preferred
* Minimum one year clinical laboratory externship and documentation of training appropriate for testing performed required
* Experience in a specific area of the lab may be required
* Successful completion of national certification exam (ASCP, AMT, or HEW ) preferred
* Must consistently demonstrate competence in all procedures on annual skill assessment, as per CLIA
* ASCP preferred
* Successful completion of a skills based test required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.