Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We are currently seeking a Behavioral Health Associate for the General Psychiatry Unit at Einstein Medical Center.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Under the direction and supervision of a professional nurse, performs and assists with various tasks including basic patient care, direct and indirect diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
* This position requires providing service to the following age population(s); older adult, adult, adolescent and children, in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) along with at least 12 college credits in Social Sciences or Human Services and 2 years experience in Human Services field OR Associates Degree with major in human service field and 2 years experience in human service field OR Bachelors Degree with major in human service field and 1 year of experience in human service field
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association required
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to walk long distances, sit and stand for long periods of time. Frequently lift, push, pull, and move 35 - 50 pounds (patients and equipment). Able to use approved physical management techniques in managing the aggressive patient. Exposure to inside environmental conditions, bloodborne pathogens and respiratory pathogens.
* Visual Requirements: Visual dexterity in working with charts, equipment, and computers.
* Hearing Requirements: Able to hear with a stethoscope, hear on the phone and in general conversation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.