Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Nutricia North America, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Customer Service Lead in the United States for Rockville, MD.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
The Customer Service Lead ( CSL ) receives incoming sales orders via telephone, fax, e-mail, and mail. The CSL s primary responsibilities are to process orders, and to respond to general customer inquiries, invoice questions, and customer complaints. The CSL handles escalated customer issues, works cross functionally to resolve these, demonstrates superior customer service, and assists with various reporting. This role projects a professional company image through verbal and written customer interaction.
1. Order entry and customer maintenance
* Accurately processes customer sales orders into company the ERP or legacy systems.
* Set up and maintain customer master data for both existing and new customers.
* Process credit card orders.
* Process returns and issues return authorization numbers in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Process necessary OS&D adjustments in accordance with Nutricia North America s policies and procedures.
* Process orders reconciliation at the end of each day.
2. Customer Communication
* Answer phones and respond to customer written requests.
* Provide customers with product pricing and ordering information.
* Advise customers of Nutricia North America s policies regarding orders and returns.
* Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
* Recognize documents and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls.
* Liaise with both warehousing and transportation 3rd party providers to inquire on order statuses.
* Handle escalated internal and external customer inquiries per the Customer Experience Manager s ( CEM ) guidance.
* Coordinate resolution of customer issues by working cross functionally with internal departments to resolve these.
* Demonstrate and promote superior customer satisfaction by exceeding client expectations for service, product knowledge, efficiency, and professionalism.
3. Additional responsibilities:
* Assist in the development and delivery of training for the Customer Service team, including temporary staff.
* Assist in preparing and publishing daily and weekly performance and reports, as well as DanGo compliance reporting.
* Communicate regularly and consistently to CEM regarding escalated calls. Work with cross functional peers and management to help define sustainable solutions.
* Facilitate and propose solutions with Accounts Payable for accounts on hold for extended periods of time; work closely with Accounts Payable to resolve these and process waiting orders. Follow up with internal and external customers as appropriate.
* Review back order report daily and work with cross functional peers to troubleshoot, monitor and minimize these. Ensure orders are being released as soon as the situation allows, suggesting substitutions to the internal and external customers when appropriate.
* Make recommendations for continual process improvements to the CEM.
* Demonstrate ideal behaviors and customer relations techniques to the Customer Service team.
* Act as ERP Key User to learn and master the ERP system to assist the Customer Service team. Work with CEM and management on issues when needed. Answer Customer Service team member ERP questions.
* Provide credit applications to customers as requested via mail, fax or email.
* Track and provide Proof of Delivery for shipments as requested.
* Research and respond to all shipping complaints in an efficient and courteous manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, Internet Explorer.
* Proficiency in operating standard office equipment to include fax, copier, etc.
* Knowledge of ERP systems, specifically the customer service module.
* General knowledge of warehouse and transporation operations.
* Good knowledge of customer relations.
* Bilingual skills (English/Spanish/French Canadian) is a plus.
* Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
* Good conflict resolution skills.
* Have good sense of judgment.
* Good time management skills.
* Ability to multitask and skilled at managing multiple priorities.
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
* High school diploma. Some college experience preferred.
* 4+ years of customer service experience to include 2+ years of customer call center experience, including answering customer inquiries, handling both internal/external customer needs, and use of order management systems.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com.
Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition is focused on pioneering and delivering specialized nutritional solutions and Best Care for medical professionals and their patients, helping people live healthier and longer lives. Nutricia North America was established in 1983 and is headquartered in Rockville, MD. We seek to provide solutions and services wherever nutritional intervention can be shown to improve clinical outcomes. In partnership with doctors, healthcare professionals and caregivers, we work to make a real difference in people's lives by speeding recovery and encouraging independence. Our ambition is to deliver only proven benefits through nutrition, as an integral part of disease management.
Consisting of a wide variety of FDA and Health Canada regulated nutrition products, we are especially active in the management of inherited metabolic diseases, severe pediatric allergic and gastrointestinal disorders, pediatric epilepsy, and long term and critical care for seniors.
Nutricia North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, ERP, QA, Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Finance, Technology, Quality