Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
This is a Field Service position located in Portland, Oregon that requires the candidate to demonstrate the full range of Service disciplines for complex Semiconductor laser equipment and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* System installation, diagnose and repair laser, electromechanical and optical subassemblies.
* Maintain operational functionality of Semiconductor system equipment.
* Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
* Serves as company interface with customer and factory on administrative and technical matters.
* Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
* Other duties may be assigned and could include shift, weekend and on-call coverage.
* USA and International travel is a requirement for customer support and for training on our products.
Education and Experience
Associate s degree, or equivalent; with minimum of 5 years of related Semiconductor experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree and/or applicable Certification is preferred.
Special Skills and Abilities
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent communication and computer skills (MSOffice).
* Works with integrity, is ethical and is able to inspire the trust of others.
* Strong analytic, business, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Motivated, self-driven, positive approach to problem solving.
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, high tech environment.
* Experience with laser based Semiconductor equipment would be an advantage.
Ability to travel internationally in support of ESI system installations and applications, as well as training on our products, may be required. We are interested in a qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not sponsor employment visas. Requires appropriate work authorization to freely enter and exit primarily Asia Pacific countries.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work while sitting or standing. The employee is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Service will take place in a clean room environment.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Please contact Human Resources if you would like to inquire about reasonable accommodations.
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.