Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Diego, California
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Research Intern assists the scientific staff in carrying out research assignments involving a variety of laboratory methods, equipment and procedures.
* Will be trained and performs a wide variety of tasks in the laboratory, including: maintaining adherent cell lines and suspension cell lines, viral infection, harvest, buffer making for harvest and purification, support purification as needed.
* Detail oriented. Makes detailed observations as experiments are conducted and reports data accurately and effectively
* Maintains complete and accurate records of all work done in the laboratory
* Draft material specification or communicate with vendor to obtain information for cGMP materials
* Records inventory changes as supplies and reagents are used
* Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team
* Analyzes data and interprets results
* Prepares summaries and protocols
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills
* High school degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a biology laboratory. Cell culture experience and aseptic technique is a plus.
* Basic understanding of cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and virology
* Able to learn new skills quickly
* Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, established techniques, instruments and equipment.
* Basic understanding of Universal Precautions and Basic Lab safety
* Able to repeat a procedure in the laboratory multiple times in exactly the same way
* Works well in a team environment
* Highly self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and critical-thinking skills
* Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment Characteristics
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.