Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Athens, Georgia
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, die/plate production and maintenance, extruders, orienters, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance. Supervise and coordinate the work of employees who repair and maintain building/facility, equipment and machinery.
* Lead, coach and motivate a technical team to ensure high quality products are produced safely and cost effectively through maximizing equipment efficiency and continuous improvement techniques.
* Facilitate 24-hour operation of a functional area with managerial and troubleshooting support.
* Leverage LEAN Manufacturing principles and best practices.
* Effectively lead maintenance personnel establishing priorities based on current demands.
* Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work product (while minimizing overtime and call-in hours).
* Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
* Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery.
* Develop and maintain spare parts program for applicable equipment and machinery
* Develop and maintain work order program for applicable equipment and machinery
* Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support, as needed.
* Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as needed.
* Procure items needed for maintenance and machinery repairs.
* Coordinate with maintenance contractors as needed to complete small maintenance projects and repairs
* Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Associate s Degree (or an equivalent combination of experience and education.)
* 6+ years related experience in the mechanical and/or electrical trades
* Previous supervisory experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA programs and practices
* Possesses basic machinery/system technical troubleshooting skills and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems
* Understands planning and scheduling techniques associated with asset care management
* Familiarity with process control systems, mechanical systems, basic electrical systems, hydraulic systems, which includes the components of the various systems such as pumps, valves, timers, relays, PLC s, drives, fans, etc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.