Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Yakima, Washington
Position: Label Operator
Location: Yakima, WA
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the production supervisor and will be responsible for safely operating multiple high-speed labeling machines in a safe manner. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. The ideal candidate has a proven record of success in fast-paced environments. He/she must have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
* Strong understanding of high-speed labeling equipment
* Ability to safely set-up and operate three or more labelers at once
* Must have extensive personal hand tool inventory and be able to safely use their tools to set-up, adjust and maintain production equipment.
* Collaborates closely with other departments and teams
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
* Perform all duties as designated by supervisor/manager.
* Perform all duties in support of Sonoco s quality and safety policies.
* Helping out other departments as needed
* Training new employees to operate equipment properly
This position is in our Plastics plant in beautiful Yakima, Washington
* We expect you to be Sonoco mission driven
* YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST 1-3 YEARS EXPERIENCE OF LIGHT DUTY MACHINE OPERATION IN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT (REQUIRED)
* You will need to have exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
* You have to have a get it done attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
* To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
* You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements.
* Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
* You will need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. as needed.
* Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
* You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.