Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Athens, Georgia
The Hematology Department at the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is committed to the treatment and understanding of blood disorders and blood cell development. We are seeking a Flow Cytometry Specialist as a Research Lab Specialist or Sr. Research Technologist to join our new Flow Cytometry Departmental Facility. The applicant should have broad experience in flow cytometry, will be expected to work independently, and will interact with many individuals from our Experimental Hematology Research Groups.
* The successful candidate would be expected to operate and maintain our current and future Flow Cytometry instruments: a 5-laser FACSAria Fusion, a Sony SH800 Cell Sorter, and an Attune NXT Flow Cytometer while maintaining efficient laboratory operations and perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the department and institution.
* Training of departmental staff in the acquisition and analysis of flow cytometry data
* Collaborating with departmental staff in the design, optimization and utilization of cell sorting and flow cytometry in the furtherance of their research projects and
* Keeping abreast of cutting-edge flow cytometry-based technologies and facilitating their development and application to ongoing research projects.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate scientific field is required.
Sr. Research Technologist
* A minimum of three (3) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or three (3) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Bachelor's degree.
* A minimum of two (2) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or two (2) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Master's degree.
* No experience is required with a PhD in a related field.
Research Lab Specialist
* A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least five (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Bachelor's degree
* A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience, with at least (5) years at the Sr. Research Tech level, is required with a Masters degree
* A minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience including post-doctoral and/or technical staff experience is required with a Ph.D
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO SEARCH FIRMS:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.