Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all steps of sales process, including: preparing action plans by accounts and product line, effective search and follow-through of sales leads and new customers
* Identify and execute on opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
* Establish rapport with customers, building long-term, repeat customer relationships
* Be proficient in product knowledge to assist the customer in buying decisions
* Provide timely and accurate competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval
* Maintain accurate records of sales activity, sales, and pricing
* Gather competitive market and pricing information
* Control sales expenses to meet budget guidelines
* Adhere to company policies and ethics and makes sure that they are communicated to the sales team
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Minimum 5 years of sales experience required
* Ability to self-manage is critical, as well extensive experience in all aspects of supplier relationship management.
* Knowledge of building materials and construction industry strongly preferred
* Spanish speaker preferred but not required
* Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
* Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
* Must be able to operate basic office machinery
* Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly working in office environment
* Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
* Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive and analyze sales and financial information
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER..