Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Director, Oncology Operations - Cambridge, MA
bluebird bio s Oncology team is looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate for the role as Director of Oncology Franchise Operations. Reporting to the VP, Oncology Corporate Development and Strategy you will be an integral part of bluebird bio s Oncology Team, responsible for Oncology Franchise operations and planning, and driving priority strategic projects across our programs. In this role you will leverage a combination of a robust understanding of our critical business capabilities, infrastructure and resources, with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, a natural aptitude for problem solving, and manage cross-functional stakeholders and projects. The role represents an excellent opportunity for the talented and motivated individual to play an integral role in a close-knit team that is focused on building the leading cell therapy Oncology company.
About the Role:
* Builds and integrates operations for bluebird s Oncology Franchise proactively and consistent with supporting our business and competitive advantages
* Partners closely with cross-functional leaders to ensure we have and are strategically building the right capabilities to support bluebird bio s oncology vision and strategy
* Partners with functional and program leadership to drive and maintain an integrated operational and infrastructure strategy and plan to support the execution of bluebird s innovative oncology programs, across functions and stages (e.g. R&D to C)
* Identifies and assesses critical operational risks and challenges, and leads cross-functional teams in tackling these and pro-actively drives mitigation
* Drives and supports key strategic initiatives, incl. relating to:
* Capability mapping and gap analyses
* Franchise, program and functional resourcing
* Organizational and operational matters
* Deal integrations
* Operating models for large partnerships
* Works with Strategy & Finance to maintain a strong understanding of franchise financials
* In partnership with R&D, drives build of process that systematically ensures that bluebird leverages our cell therapy first-mover advantages into an enduring competitive edge
* Builds processes associated with supporting the rapid growth and hiring ramp underway
* Works close with key internal and external stakeholders, across functions and at all levels
* Masters level education in a field relevant to this position
* 5+ years of work experience, with 3+ years in an operational role
* Pharma/biotech industry experience required
* Highly motivated, passionate, nimble, talented individual with excellent learning agility, who is excited to tackle a diverse, multi-faceted set of projects
* Strong strategic thinker. Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
* Excellent ability to frame an issue incorporating diverse considerations and perspectives
* Strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
* Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
* Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
Additional Nice to have experience:
* Direct drug development or commercial launch experience is a plus
* Direct experience within CAR T cell therapy or cancer, or a related field, is a plus
* Management consulting experience is a plus
* Advanced life science degree (PhD) from a top-tier program is a plus.
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.