Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This position is responsible for the supervision of daily operation and performance of the Packaging & Molding department in Milwaukee, WI. The focus of this position is safety, process efficiency, operational excellence, customer solutions, and personnel development.
Routine physical activity including standing and walking for several hours at a time, typing, climbing, and lifting approximately 55 lbs.
30% OPERATIONAL/RELIABILITY EXCELLENCE / CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
• Champions a culture that promotes reliability excellence. Active participant on RE process team as assigned. Owns department backlog and responsible for scheduling weekly & monthly maintenance activities. Works with supply chain to coordinate downtime as needed.
• Recommends changes, modifications or upgrades to equipment to improve machine reliability and performance
• Champions a culture that promotes production excellence. Active participant on Stable Ops core team as assigned.
• Indentifies and executes green belt improvement projects for department.
• Analyzes production and downtime for department. Seeks opportunities for improvement
• Active leader and participant in root cause analysis and drives culture within department.
• Orders operating supplies as needed for department
• Perform inquiries and transactions within SAP
15% SAFETY/ RISK MANAGEMENT
• Executes day-to-day operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/feed Safety.
• Partners/collaborates with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures:
o Health & Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
o Environmental: Understands and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
o Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
• Educates workforce in the food safety fundamentals and completes safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
• Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incident data to identify risks and recommend mitigation actions (i.e. safety index, RIFR, food safety index, CFSRA and FDA audits).
• Support corporate compliance requirements around yield, variances, inventory counts, weights & measures, etc.
40% PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
• Supervises and provides coaching to shift leads and production workers, including coaching Cargill’s guiding principles.
• Assists in planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
• Involved in talent development planning and engagement within the department.
• Responsible for department job posting process
• Responsible for training and on boarding new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching. Responsible for signing off on training checklists and ensuring employees are meeting training check points.
• Promotes a culture of accountability and actively coaches employees. Responsible for disciplinary action when needed.
• Approves payroll for department employees.
• Responsible for posting planned overtime and setting employee schedules for department
• Back up to shift supervisor on an as needed basis.
15% CUSTOMER FOCUS/ PRODUCT INNOVATION/ QUALITY MANAGEMENT
• Responsible for department master sanitation & housekeeping activites are completed and routinely audited. Looks for trends and initiates corrective actions.
• Directly monitors production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within
specifications. Ensure regular process check documentation is being completed honestly and accurately.
• Responsible for investigating quality issues that occur and compiles information and provides recommendations for improvement for review by Department Manager.
• Supports BU/Plant customer relationship by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal/external customers.
• Partners with other functional groups (R&D, Engineering, Procurement, etc) to support innovation within the department.
Required Qualifications :
• Technical Bachelor’s Degree; or High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years production or maintenance experience in lieu of degree
• Safety Champion - help promote VBS and actively participates in safety programs
• Demonstrated computer proficiency
• Strong organizational, leadership and planning skills
• Strong team player
• Demonstrated self-starter
• Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization
• Demonstrated effective systematic approach to problem solving
• Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
• Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
• Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
• Working knowledge and experience using SAP
• Working knowledge and experience with GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) initiatives and programs
• Experience working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement
• Knowledge of Continuous Improvement practices
• Knowledge of Stable Ops
• Knowledge of Reliability Excellence
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Bilingual : Spanish – English