Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Health Unit Coordinator to:
- Utilize excellent communication and organizational skills to support patient care.
- Collaborate with the clinical team to coordinate all aspects of patient care including patient admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Use high level of attention to detail to maintain accurate electronic health records and perform other duties of a clerical nature.
- Maintain control and order under stressful conditions and periods of high unit activity, while utilizing effective and respectful communication with patients, families, and the health care team.
Minimum - High School Diploma
Minimum - One (1) year of experience in a medical or customer service environment or experience of a similar nature
Preferred - One (1) year of experience in a medical environment
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate effective and respectful communication with patients, families and the healthcare team, using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to quickly and appropriately prioritize tasks and manage interruptions.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple requests being asked at once.
- Complete work timely and accurately.
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Demonstrate exemplary telephone etiquette.
- Possess accurate keyboarding skills.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
W ork Schedule:
80% FTE, 32 hours per week. Scheduled shifts are a mix of 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM, and 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Weekend shifts are required. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
Learn more about this opening UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.