Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
POSITION: Jr. Application Developer
JOB ID: 4331-RAT-2
# OF OPENINGS: 1
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
JOB DUTIES (DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively with teams using a DevOps approach to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will participate in projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including to include estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This position is in Washington, DC, SW.
REQUIREMENTS (YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS):
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or related field
* 0-3 years of experience in a software development role
* Understanding of RESTful Web APIs concept, design, and implementation
* Hands-on experience with writing and conducting unit tests written in Mocha and Jest
* Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
* Must be US Citizenship
NICE TO HAVE: (SKILLS THAT ARE NOT REQUIRED, BUT NICE TO HAVE)
* Master s degree in computer science or related field
* Working knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB) recommended, but not required
* Understanding of Windows/Linux command line tools (Linux/*NIX recommended)
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.