Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Miles City, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Holy Rosary Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 25-bed acute care hospital, residential living community and clinic provide eastern Montana with comprehensive services in one beautiful location. We are fully dedicated to providing care aligned with community needs, and are proud to treat the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an RRT, you need to know how to:
* Follow appropriate policy and procedure
* Check patients chart and physician's orders before each treatment
* Obtain appropriate dose and type of medication
* Chart treatments according to policy and procedure
* Report problems to nursing and physician and fill out incident reports as needed
* Identify medical problems and report to physician and intervene appropriately following emergency protocol as needed
* Make oxygen rounds one time per shift and emergency rounds once per day
* Replace oxygen tanks as needed and fill cylinder rack when empty
* Order medication when low
* Assist with care and maintenance of equipment and document maintenance/repairs as performed
* Perform Allen's test prior to puncture when appropriate
* Perform ABG puncture and analysis as requested
* Perform Electrocardiogram (EKG), Electroencephalogram (EEG), and Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) as ordered
* Perform rhythm strip as ordered
* Performs Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) as ordered
* Calibrate equipment as needed
* Perform pre and post PFT procedure
* Perform DLCO, RAW, TGV, MVV, SVC and Methacholine procedures
* Perform set up on Holter Monitor patients and scan Holters as ordered
* Perform oxygen S/U and Ventilator S/U as ordered
* Set up hoods, cannulas, masks on infant, pediatrics and adults
* Perform Ventilator S/U as ordered
* Perform Vent SST after cleaning and between tubing changes
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required
* Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care program, required
* Registration or certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), required
* Licensed by the State of Montana in Respiratory Therapy, required
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required upon hire
* Current ACLS, PALS and NRP certifications, required within one (1) year of hire
* Approved by Holy Rosary Healthcare pathologist or Medical staff member to perform arterial punctures, required within six (6) months of hire
* Current STABLE certification, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being an RRT on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities