Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, California
The Data Center Facility Engineer-II is responsible for maintaining the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment within the Data Center/Facility. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and is expected to maintain 100% customer uptime. Responsibilities include maintaining facility appearance and integrity.
* Conduct routine facility walkthroughs that identifies infrastructure risks and performance gaps
* Read and understand drawings and prints including one-lines and floor plans.
* Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical data center infrastructure enabling the quick identification of root cause solutions to technical problems.
* Communicate technical activities relating to the facility, its assets, and their operation to relevant parties.
* Execute and assist in developing and documenting step-by-step methods of procedure (MOPs) for critical maintenances.
* Execute and assist in the development of step by step Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs) to drive the consistency of operation and quickly respond to incidents to return equipment to operation.
* Supervise and manage scheduled maintenance of electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment.
* Assist in the preparation of detailed maintenance plans in accordance with Rackspace Technical Change Management guidelines.
* Oversee the monitoring equipment and other critical systems.
* Assist in effectively leading Incident Management efforts in the event of system degradation/failures communicating the status to all levels and resolving the issue in a timely fashion.
* Respond to Engineering requests with technical information for electrical power and mechanical capacity.
* Supervise external contractors undertaking specialist maintenance and inspections to ensure the quality of work is maintained.
* Adhere to company security policies and procedures, including health and safety, and local governing requirements as directed.
* Maintain meticulous 5S and housekeeping practices.
* Communicate regularly with peers regarding operational readiness and system conditions
* 2 years plus experience with the electrical, mechanical, life safety and monitoring equipment maintenance within data center or other critical environments
* Electrical or Mechanical Journeyman or Equivalent qualifications
* Advanced knowledge of HVAC, HV and LV switch boards, Transformers, Chillers, BMS (Trend), Fire Alarms, Sprinkler systems, UPS, Lead acid batteries, Generators, PDUs, and RPPs
* Ability to problem solve and drive root cause analyses.
* High Voltage qualification/current or expired for UK applicants.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety at work acts, i.e. method statements, risk assessments.
* Knowledge and experience with preventive maintenance tools & forecasting
* Knowledge of Building Automation and Power Management Systems.
* Knowledge in accessing and managing Work Permits and Risk Assessments.
* Due to the 24x7 operation of the facility, must be able to work a flexible work schedule. May include nights, weekends, and holidays.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.