Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina
THE SR. ANALYST, APPLIED ANALYTICS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE will be a member of the Market Intelligence, Data and Analytic Solutions (MIDAS) group within LPL s broader Investor and Investment Solutions organization. The MIDAS team is responsible for leading firm-wide efforts that enable data-driven decision making throughout the firm. The vision of the MIDAS team is to deliver a superior client experience enabled by intelligent transformation. The Applied Analytics and Business Intelligence team acts as the activation layer for our vision, by delivering data-driven insights to drive growth, improve profitability and enhance the client experience.
The SR. ANALYST, APPLIED ANALYTICS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE position will provide analytical support to the MIDAS team and ensure the execution of critical priorities. The Sr. Analyst will play a key role in developing project plans, creating executive presentations, and delivering data-driven insights for our stakeholders across the organization. As a member of the MIDAS team, the Sr. Analyst will be responsible for working with stakeholders to gather detailed requirements to build data and analytics (dashboards, report automation, etc) at scale, which enable teams to efficiently use data, derive insights, and measure impacts.
* Create data and analytic solutions for stakeholders in business units across the firm, including but not limited to data visualization (dashboards), automated reporting, and deep-dive research projects into business problems.
* Communicate and coordinate across various MIDAS functions, such as Data Science, Data Strategy and Governance, Client Intelligence and Market Analysis, and Digital Analytics, to ensure MIDAS brand consistency and receive diverse feedback on work product
* Ability to lead individual projects or workstreams that span across multiple business units.
* Create and manage reports & dashboards in reporting systems including Tableau and Alteryx using complex query logic to merge multiple sets of segregated data
* Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions
* Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in the development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
* Thrives in a team atmosphere, as well as independently, and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change.
* Develop strong working relationships across the enterprise to enable a clearly defined mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in a STEM discipline or Business Administration, is required
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an analytics function
* Financial Services industry knowledge or certifications (e.g. CFP, CFA, CAIA) a plus
* A high level of integrity, earning the trust of his/her peer groups and executives
* Ability to present analytics and actionable insights to senior leaders via PowerPoint decks
* Experience working with Data Infrastructure/Engineering & Data Science teams
* Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes
* Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent data gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and PowerPoint expertise necessary
* Proficiency working with dynamic data analytics / visualization tools: Tableau and Alteryx expertise required
* Proficiency working with relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle
* Proficiency working with statistical analysis tools, such as Python, R, Minitab, SAS, or SPSS
* Experience/understanding of digital analytics tools like Adobe Sitecatalyst (Omniture) or Google Analytics
* Experience/understanding of CRM tools like SalesForce or Microsoft Dynamics
ABOUT LPL FINANCIAL:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
INFORMATION ON INTERVIEWS:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @LPL.COM email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.