Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Whether in Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies or Commodities, Goldman Sachs plays a leading role facilitating trading in the world s most dynamic capital markets. Every one of our trading business has been impacted by accelerating technological change and Engineering plays a critical role effecting digital transformation both within the bank and for our clients. Goldman Sachs Capital Markets has undertaken a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products.
As an Engineer in this Division you will participate in the development of best-in-class market-making capabilities that impact both internal market-makers and our clients directly. Our tight innovation cycle demands direct collaboration between Engineers, market-makers and Clients. Consequently, many of our internal-focused Engineering roles sit on the trading floor and our external-focused Engineering roles include direct client interaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
* Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to solve problems and apply analysis to make data driven decisions.
* Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
* Can apply an entrepreneuial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
* 1+ years of software development experience.
Expert Knowledge in One Or More Of
* Programming in a complied language such as Java, or C++ or an interpreted language such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
* NoSQL databases such as MongoDb and Elastic Search.
* Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
* B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Related field.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity