Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
* Req ID: 78030
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Position Type: Union
* Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
* Country: United States
* % of Travel:
* # of Positions: 1
* Job Grade:
* Compensation Rate:
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 04/20/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To safely maintain railroad bridges, retaining walls and culverts, within a specific territory in accordance with guidelines set forth by the FRA and Canadian Pacific.
* Leads job briefings for work crews to ensure safe, efficient execution of assigned work;
* Leads and executes bridge maintenance and renewal work;
* Uses hand tools and small machine, may be called upon to operate truck mounted cranes and other equipment;
* Taking track authorities and operating on-track equipment;
* Responsible for bringing rule books, switch keys, and Track Authority pads;
* Observe and obey all GCOR rules;
* Standing, lifting, squatting for long periods of time;
* Climbing ladders and using fall protection systems;
* Ability to lift tools and equipment up to 50lbs;
* Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions; and
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
* Must become GCOR/OTS qualified (Operating Rules);
* Must hold valid drivers license and Medical Card;
* FRA/Redbook/Bridge Inspection experience preferred;
* CDL required;
* 1 or more years of railway bridge maintenance experience preferred;
* Must be able to operate switches and clean out if necessary;
* Ability to travel on a weekly basis and have adequate transportation;
* Available to respond to emergent conditions 24/7/365;
* Good communication skills written and verbal;
* Ability to read and understand safety rules and regulations.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Employer-Funded Retirement Plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
* Part-time Studies Program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Reference check
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history
* Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.