Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota
A Sr. Principal Systems Engineer job is currently available through Belcan. This position can be worked remotely, or on site in Bloomington, MN., El Segundo, CA., or Melbourne, FL. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with integrated product teams (SW, HW, Mechanical, Cyber, Manufacturing, and Information Assurance) to develop hardware architecture for ruggedized avionics computers. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or a related specialized area or field, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. A current active Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at the time of hire.
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Job duties:
* Perform trade studies comparing a variety of technologies.
* Serve as lead technical contributor on multiple acquisition proposal teams.
* Perform cost estimations.
* Provide mentoring to other (less senior) architects.
* Serve as the technical lead for a team of 6-20 engineers.
* Successful candidates will have hardware systems architecture experience as well as an electronic module design and/or FPGA design background.
* In-depth experience with Interface Technologies such as 10GigE, PCIe, Fibre Channel, 1553/ARINC429/Avionics IO, or Display IO (DVI/Display Port/HDMI/ARICN 818/etc.).
* In-depth experience with Processor Technologies such as X86 (Xeon, i7).
* In-depth experience with FPGA design tools such as Altera, Xilinx, or Microsemi.
* Experience with Avionics System Design for rugged environments and requirements creation/allocation.
If you are interested in this Sr. Principal Systems Engineer job in Bloomington, MN, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.