Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Aon is looking for a Vice President, Internal Audit
Description of Position
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm that provides advice and solutions to clients focused on risk, retirement, and health. We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Internal Audit Vice President in our Chicago, IL office, which is located at 200 E. Randolph Street. This role oversees the internal audit function for the Americas region, as well as global shared services, with the principal charge of ensuring that internal financial controls are designed, implemented and operating properly. As an independent, objective source of assurance and advisory services, this role adds value by bringing a systematic, disciplined and balanced approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, control and governance processes. It reports to the Chief Audit Executive.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and deliver on a high quality, flexible and risk focused audit plan for the Americas and Shared Services
* Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with business partners at all levels to identify emerging risk issues on a timely basis, as well as provide insightful solutions to address those risks
* Operate as a thought leader and champion of the Internal Audit vision and strategy by actively collaborating and engaging both within the IA department and with business partners
* Set a high standard and clear expectations for a team of approximately 15 colleagues; challenge, encourage, motivate, and inspire them to maximize their potential to achieve individual and department objectives
* Continually identify and drive solutions for greater efficiency and value in all we do
* Deep Business Acumen: Globally experienced leader who is able to contribute beyond the boundaries of their own expertise; Understands key business & industry drivers and prioritizes spending time in the business units to deepen knowledge; Synthesizes information from many sources to arrive at a deeper understanding and to connect the dots
* Exceptional People Leadership: Talent cultivator with passion for identifying talent and developing and growing others. Energetic and engaged coach who helps teams to up their game and perform at the highest levels; Delivers feedback with courage and candor. Prioritizes engagement and inclusion across the team and sets clear performance standards.
* Accountable for Results: Promotes a strong culture of accountability and consistently demonstrates this through their own actions; Recognizes positive contributions while ensuring issues are handled directly and swiftly. Experienced at working closely with operations and able to develop relationships of mutual trust.
* Ensures Continuous Improvement: Consistently challenges self and others to improve process, delivery and execution; Highest level of curiosity with appetite for learning and sharing knowledge.
* Strong Technical Skills: Experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined global audit programs and processes. Provides timely and accurate audit reporting with expert insight in a dynamic, financially sophisticated environment. Highly numerate, with strong analytical skills. Broad understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, audit practices, taxation and the legal and regulatory environment. Knowledge information technology and cyber security practices. Thorough understanding of business risk and effective risk management techniques. Expertise in evaluating and managing outsourced audit vendors.
* Integrity: Establishes an environment of uncompromising integrity and delivers information in a straightforward and honest way vs. adopting a more political approach; Demonstrates consistent support and alignment with the values of the organization and role models impeccable character.
* Thorough & Disciplined: Digs into details while continually able to see the forest for the trees; Sets and enforces appropriate standards and demonstrates a relentless drive to ensure execution; Establishes clear and aligned goals and communicates them effectively; Puts in considerable effort to remove obstacles to achieving business results. Conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
* Engaging, Effective Communicator: Translates broad strategies into specific objectives, metrics and action plans; ensures that efforts across functions, locations and/or organizations are integrated and aligned with strategic objectives; Able to convey subtle or complex messages and highly technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences at all organizational levels; Leverages strong communication skills to influence and/or align others around key actions and decisions required.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or comparable business degree is required
* Professional designations and certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, etc. is preferred
* Minimum of 10-15 years of progressively more complex and accountable auditing experience.
* Minimum of 5-7 years team leadership experience required with demonstrated capability in building highly effective and engaged teams
* Experience within a global, fast paced organization is preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. 2471028.