Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THE JOB POSTING IN ITS ENTIRETY AS IT REFLECTS BOTH THE UNIVERSITY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, FOLLOWED BY THE SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION.
3035101 Bus-Evening/Weekend MBA Pr/Adm
ABOUT THE UNIT
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
Student Affairs & Services
Responsible for services targeting the physical, emotional, academic, and financial well-being of students, including but not limited to admissions, enrollment, athletics, career services, residence life, student activities, counseling, and health programs.
CAREER TRACK AND JOB LEVEL
Admissions & Recruitment
Develops strategies, policies, and procedures for admissions, recruitment, or both. Supports recruitment efforts by interviewing and evaluating applicants; supports admissions efforts by selecting applicants for admission and coordinating admissions across the University. May travel and recruit in a specific territory. Counsels students and parents regarding the admissions process.
M3: Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams. Develops departmental plans, including business, operational and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
The job manages multiple related teams of managers and professional staff responsible for developing strategies, policies, and procedures for admissions, recruitment, or both. Manages recruiting efforts by monitoring the interview and applicant evaluation process; will also support admissions efforts by reviewing applicants selected for admission.
1) Develops operational plans to develop and execute admissions strategies, policies, and procedures., 2) Manages the planning and implementation of public presentations, special events, and other recruitment activities., 3) Maintains relationships with all organizations and individuals involved in the admissions process. Develops and monitors the admissions budget., 4) Manages managers and professional staff. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
The Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions serves as a key member of the admissions leadership team and is a highly visible role that works cross-functionally within Chicago Booth and across the University of Chicago. The Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the admissions for the Evening and Weekend MBA programs and will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners. The Director will manage all facets of the in-person/virtual experience for prospective and admitted students. The Director will think strategically across audiences and platforms to increase the number of applications and matriculants to Chicago Booth.
1) Oversight of a team of six admissions team members.
2) Develop and coach team to exceed performance standards.
3) Build and maintain a strong, unified team that is passionate about their work and innovative.
4) Ensure team is set up for success and has opportunities to explore professional growth options.
5) Support direct reports in delivering the right tools/access for a successfully operationalized admissions strategy.
6) Assist Senior Director, Employer Engagement and Admissions with the Evening & Weekend MBA Admissions budget.
7) Serve as a senior member of the admissions committee.
8) Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities; duties include reading and evaluating applications; traveling domestically and internationally and attending various recruiting and yield events.
9) Lead the strategic approach for the annual assessment and selection of the Evening and Weekend MBA class.
10) Oversee the admissions committee and serve as the subject matter expert for evaluation.
11) Own and manage the admissions lifecycle, including the creation of all admissions-related applications, calendars, timelines, and protocol.
12) Ensure seamless execution of recruiting events/activities; including the planning and marketing events to prospective/admitted students, alumni, and corporate partners.
13) Serve as point person for strategies and tactics to recruit niche groups within our prospective student pool (military veterans, reapplicants, and females, for example).
14) Work closely with the admissions marketing team to meet needs of pipeline development efforts.
15) Represent Booth Admissions at information sessions, receptions across the US.
16) Support the quarterly class close process, which includes ensuring all admissions decisions are made in a timely manner and achieve our quantity and quality measures.
17) Secure approval and effectively manage annual recruiting budget.
1) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
2) Outstanding verbal, written, as well as organizational and follow-through skills.
3) Demonstrated ability to give presentations to groups both large and small.
4) Work as part of a collaborative team as well as independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; outstanding interpersonal skills.
5) Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
6) Excellent sales, strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical, and persuasion skills.
7) Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals, handle multiple detailed tasks/projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines with frequent interruptions.
8) Engage and work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts from many cultural backgrounds.
9) Willing and able to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.