Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Mississippi
JOB PURPOSE OF MISSION: FUNCTIONS AS A MEMBER OF THE TREATMENT TEAM AND ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SPECIFICALLY ASSIGNED DUTIES, SUCH AS PATIENT OBSERVATION ROUNDS, SUICIDE RISK OBSERVATION, AND ASSISTING WITH TREATMENT PROGRAMS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
* Demonstrates expertise in mental health promotion and maintenance of high quality comprehensive patient care.PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Demonstrates knowledge of problem solving process as
evidenced through accurate assessment, effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur on the unit and communicating this to the charge nurse along with sharing the process with others when indicated.
- Displays respect for patient's integrity as evidenced by maintenance of confidentiality of patient information, patient privacy and promotion of patient's rights and responsibilities as observed by nurse in charge.
* Displays good clinical judgement as evidenced by reporting verbally and in written documentation, all clinically pertinent observations of patients.
* Documents in the patient's record in the prescribed format behavior specific observations.- Performs routine assignments independently. Seeks direction when indicated for unusual or non-routine duties or situations as evidence by asking questions appropriately and promptly, to the designated person.
- Advises appropriate personnel (RN in charge) of situations requiring nursing expertise of technical follow-up as evidenced by promptly and accurately referring questions or situations to the designated person.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of existing policies and procedures (Hospital, Nursing Dept. and Unit) and follow these guidelines in delivery of patient care as evidence by no reported incidents of breeches in policies and procedures.
- Organized time and completion of specific tasks as assigned based on the needs of the patient and the unit, as evidenced through minimal chart deficiencies, accurate documentation, minimal overtime, and completion of duties as observed by RN in charge.
- Exhibits self-motivated behavior in assuming additional responsibility when assigned and as situations indicate, to assure smooth functioning of the unit as evidenced by successful completion of given assignments along with those chosen by the employee as needed.
* Demonstrates expertise in the performance of tasks necessary to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by initiation and maintenance of therapeutic relationships with all patients, as observed by RN in charge.
- Sets limits as needed in caring and consistent manner as evidenced by avoiding power struggles, escalation of and manipulation by patients, as observed by RN in charge.
* Carefully assesses situations and avoids compromising situations which
* - Completes 15 minute checks, special observations and patient monitoring including 1:1, and close observation in an efficient manner as evidenced through observation to RN in charge and timely accurate documentation.
* - Participates in restraining and secluding patients following instructions of RN in charge and utilizing skills as taught in crisis prevention in-services.
* may be interpreted as abusive or sexual in nature with patients.
* Performs all specific skills assigned including monitoring vital signs in a co-workers as indicated through relationships which are free of repeated incidents of disputes and friction.- Promotes a work milieu of harmony and trust, learning and growth, as evidenced by utilizing open and clear verbal communication, by listening attentively and responding appropriately.- Present self as pleasant, flexible, and dependable, as evidenced by displaying respect for co-workers and working within the framework of the unit and Nursing Department Philosophy and reporting to duty as assigned.- Displays assertive behavior, as evidenced by expressing feelings and concerns in an expedient appropriate manner.- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone as evidenced by taking and relaying messages, proper identification for self and area, and possessing adequate knowledge of the hospital in order to answer phone inquires appropriately.
* - Establishes and maintains good rapport and working relationships with
* PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
* 3. Maintains high level of interpersonal relationships inter/intra departmentally
* - Wears hospital ID. Badge being clearly visible at all times.
* - Maintains professional appearance as evidenced by at no time being attired in unsafe shoes, accessories or clothing that is revealing while on duty.
* - Reports to duty promptly and as scheduled as evidenced by the time sheet and lack of excessive absence from work.
* - Acts as role model for patients through personal appearance, interpersonal interactions and professional behavior, as evidenced by appropriate verbalization excluding profanity, yelling or sexually explicit language, no rough or boisterous play, no arguing or other inappropriate behavior as determined by the RN in charge, and/or Director of Nurses.
* - Conducts searches of patient's person and property when assigned, in a thorough and professional manner, maintaining the highest level of personal dignity possible during the procedure as evidenced by, ensuring privacy, having a second person in attendance and lack of verified complaints concerning either breech of conduct or incidences resulting from blatant inadequate search procedures.
* - Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the unit as evidenced by participation in the daily cleaning of the activity room and the common staff and patient areas.
* - Escorts patient to and from scheduled activities both in and outside to the hospital, off hospital grounds in a safe and professional manner, as evidenced by compliance with hospital guidelines and instructions, with no reported incidents.
* - Displays knowledge of the location and use of emergency equipment and procedures, as evidenced by the following policy and procedures, and locating and appropriate use of equipment during all emergencies.
* complete and accurate manner, as evidenced through documentation and reports all irregularities to the RN in charge in all cases.
* 4. Demonstrates efficiency in maintaining support services, which are vital to unit operation.
- Maintains unit equipment and supplies necessary for operating the unit
and providing patient care as evidenced by the availability of routine supplies, the lack of overstocking and timelessness of ordering and picking up supplies.
- Maintains patients nourishment's as evidenced by accurately completing
the dietary request, lack of overstocking food, and timely disposition of
- Maintains unit filing and paperwork as evidenced by an orderly file system with no major back log, adequate numbers of patient charts packs available and timely disposition of required forms to other areas/departments.
* Responsible for maintaining and upgrading knowledge in the mental health field by engaging in activities that enhances current knowledge.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.