Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brooklyn, New York
POSITION: SQL DBA-10614
JOB ID: 4328-RCAT-4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
335 Adams Street, Brooklyn NY 11201
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Manage requirements gathering and analysis for new and existing projects
* Support Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 databases across all environments
* Support Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 replication feature widely used by different applications
* Support Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 Enterprise Servers including configuration and maintenance
* Implement and support Microsoft Clustering Services both on the SQL Server and System levels
* Install and configure Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 and Microsoft Windows 2012 and 2016 servers
* Monitor Microsoft SQL Server activity on a proactive basis and tune the system for optimal performance
* Create, design, manage and troubleshoot SSIS packages
* Monitor and troubleshoot ETL jobs daily using BCP, DTSRUN, SSIS and other Performance Monitoring tools
* Maintain error and system maintenance logs
* OLAP and OLTP Data modeling with the ERWIN data modeling tool
* Support Operational data model and data mapping
* Support the development and maintenance of DIIT/STARS data dictionary
* Manage and Support DB2 relational system and troubleshoot issues on the DB2 System
* Administer DB2 Connect, DB2 Gateway in different ETL set up.
* 7 years of Experience in Database Management doing Relational Data modeling.
* 7 years of Experience in SQL Server in the setting up and Configuring Microsoft SQL Server on Windows platform.
* 7 years of Experience in SQL Server in managing and administering SQL Server database.
* 7 years of Experience in SQL Server Backup and Restore Strategy.
* 7 years of Experience in data modeling for data warehouse and data mart.
* 7 years of Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* 7 years of Experience in SQL Server Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
* 7 years of Experience in writing complex Stored Procedure and Functions in T- SQL.
* Bachelor's Degree
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.