Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
WHY BADGER METER?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE THE AUTONOMY AND CHALLENGE THAT LETS YOU LEARN AND GROW YOUR CAREER? ARE YOU ENERGIZED WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BUSINESS SUCCESS? IF YES, THEN BADGER METER MAY BE A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
FOR MORE THAN 110 YEARS, BADGER METER HAS PROVIDED STRONG, STABLE FINANCIAL GROWTH, IN TURN PROVIDING EMPLOYEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREERS. AS A LEADING MANUFACTURER OF FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY, BADGER METER OFFERS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO MEASURE WHAT MATTERS IN PROTECTING THE WORLD S WATER AND OTHER PRECIOUS RESOURCES. OUR COMPANY IS LARGE ENOUGH TO CONTINUALLY DRIVE MARKET INNOVATION, ALL WHILE WE MAINTAIN A COLLABORATIVE AND FLEXIBLE WORKING ATMOSPHERE.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
The CAD Administrator/Lead Designer has the primary responsibility of supporting the maintenance, improvement, implementation, development, and roll-out of all aspects associated with CAD platforms including Product Data Management. The role serves as a dual purpose role with it primarily being in CAD design but also focusing on CAD administration.
CAD DESIGN DUTIES:
* Creates and/or modifies component and assembly design layouts, conducts dimensional stack-up analysis, and completes component, assembly, and proposal drawings.
* Conducts all design work in PTC Creo CAD package (while having working knowledge of Solidworks and other lesser used packages).
* Creates and maintains bill of materials and item masters within BPCS (ERP system).
* Designs products for ease of manufacturing with high reliability that are in compliance with customer requirements.
* Checks engineering drawings, parts lists, and test sheets for accuracy and thoroughness.
* Ensures all engineering requests are processed efficiently, effectively, and consistently.
* Tracks and reports status of design assignments and ensures assigned work deadlines are met.
* Works closely with cross functional teams throughout the company to accomplish the overall project goals.
* Producing fully functional designs with minimal oversight from engineering staff. Prepares working plans, detailed drawings and layouts per product design specifications and or customer project requirements using CAD Platforms
CAD ADMIN DUTIES:
* Serve as Engineering and Design s Data Champion for CAD initiatives
* Set up of CAD repositories / vaults (set up file structure(s), naming conventions, etc.)
* CAD library component and family table revision / change management
* Assist in maintaining and supporting the ER system and workflow
* Make recommendations on CAE departmental hardware and upkeep working closely with IS.
* CAD environment development via user feedback, and strategic development with premier provider.
* Platform license tracking reporting and annual demand planning.
* Installation and version / upgrade management and training
* Eventually will develop and utilize a structured communication and training plan for implementation efficiency and control
* Associate s degree from a two-year college or technical school
* 7+ years of experience in CAD role or related position
* Intermediate level in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, ERP maintenance, Solidworks, and AutoCAD
* Advanced level in ProE/Creo and PDMLink
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.