Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Huntington, West Virginia
River Park Hospital, a leading behavorial health facility located in Huntington, WV has an job opportunity for a Business Office Director.
Essential Core Functions:
* Management and oversight of business office staff for the purposes of performing insurance verification, billing, collection, chart audits, payor logs upkeep and quality control functions to ensure a timely and accurate revenue cash flow for the facility and it medical practitioners.
* Adherence to all facility and corporate policy and procedures relating to the revenue cycle.
* Maintaining the oversight and accuracy of the facility census, billing and collection systems.
* Timely completion and reporting of all daily, monthly, quarterly and year end processes.
* Special project requests as assigned.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
* Minimum of two years college study in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields; or substituting one to two years related experience and/or training for equivalent years of education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of five years management and business office experience at a medical facility to include accounting, cashiering and processing employee relations.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
* Good communication skills, proficient MS Excel and Word computer skills, ability to work with others as a team. Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply advanced mathematical skills to operations.
* Ability to analyze and interpret common medical and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.