Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Procurement Operations Associate is a key member of the Procurement team, reporting directly to the Associate Director, Global Procurement Operations. The Procurement Operations Associate will be responsible for providing tactical and strategic support for Moderna s sourcing and procurement capabilities, bringing a continuous-improvement mindset and a commitment to making Procurement s services easy to access, understand and use, delivering consistent, dependable, high-quality outcomes.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Provide oversight and execution support for Moderna s purchasing process, including efficient conversion of Requisitions into Purchase Orders
* Ensure compliance with Procurement and Finance related processes and controls, identifying opportunities for improvement, and supporting their implementation
* Support the rollout, optimization and administration of process improvement projects as needed, many of which have cross-department, company- wide impact
* Deliver a positive internal stakeholder experience, supporting Procurement s Help Desk function, and providing timely and thorough responses to inquiries
* Support positive interactions with external vendors, including facilitation of the Vendor Setup and Qualification processes
* Execute sourcing projects, including the creation and administration of RFxs, bid evaluation analytics and cost-modelling
* Support Procurement s analytics, including spend analysis and cost savings reporting, converting decision quality ? data into information that helps to shape and support Moderna s business strategies
* Provide one-on-one/small group training and support for system users
* Perform ad hoc Purchase-to-Pay functions and other analysis as needed
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* A strong desire to learn sourcing and procurement best practices and contribute to a world-class, high-performance team. You set a high-standard for yourself and expect others to do the same
* Possessing unquestionable integrity
* Outstanding analytical skills you convert data into decision-quality information, and use it strategically to drive successful outcomes
* A natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work, balancing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
* Ability to own, prioritize and manage work with limited daily direction, anticipating needs and proactively recommending next steps
* Highly-collaborative, yet able to make decisions and work independently as necessary to drive results
* Adaptable and resourceful with a process-oriented mindset
* Strong influencing skills; in both verbal and written communications, you are outgoing, clear and concise, and seek to build relationships across a wide range of stakeholder audiences
* A digital first mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency and informational advantage wherever possible
* Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
* Respect for others and a desire to work as a team. We win together
* Preferred experience includes: Procurement, accounting/ finance, biotech, SAP/ Ariba
* Bachelor s degree required
* A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is BOLD, RELENTLESS, CURIOUS, and COLLABORATIVE
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases and cardiovascular diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science s list of top biopharma industry employers for the past four years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.