Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Billings, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Assistant.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your time and especially your passion for patient care.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Assistant you need to know how to:
* Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider while maintaining a positive and caring attitude.
* Be attentive to patients needs, coordinate care, administer care, and document appropriately.
* Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights by observing HIPAA regulations.
* Obtain and record patient information, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief complaint, etc.
* May be required to draw and collect blood samples and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
* Per Provider request, may perform routine tests including but not limited to EKGs, hearing and vision screens.
* Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up as appropriate to ensure completion of testing.
* Communicate test results to patients and establish plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the Provider.
* Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
* Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment, stock patient exam rooms while maintaining cleanliness and organization, and dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
* Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (with prior approval)
* Minimum of three (3) months of previous experience within a healthcare setting
* Successful completion of initial MA onboarding program within 90 days, annual skills fair, and in-services for site specific tasks
* Completion of an approved course of Medical Assistant study
* Successful completion of an Accredited National Certification Exam (i.e.: AAMA or AMT) for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
* At least one (1) year of Medical Assistant experience
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Medical Assistant on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities