Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Forks, North Dakota
* Req ID: 75985
* Department: Engineering
* Job Type: Full-Time
* Location: Grand Forks, ND
* Country: United States
* % of Travel: 80-90%
* # of Positions: 1
* Compensation Rate: $28.05/hour
* Job Available to: Internal & External
* Deadline to apply: 04/30/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
* Assist in maintenance and construction of wayside signals and crossing signals normally in a mobile crew.
* Applicants desired to have background in outdoor related construction, having some experience with heavy equipment such as backhoe, trencher, truck driving, and have background experience in the electrical/electronic field;
* Required to travel;
* Must posses a valid drivers license;
* CDL license or ability to obtain;
* Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather;
* Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, you must not have had any drug or alcohol-related offenses within the past 2 years and no more than 1 within the past 5 years.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Completive company pension plan
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical/sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Education verification
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
* Social Security number verification
CP is looking for a qualified Signalman. If individuals do not have prior Signalman experience then they would start as an Assistant Signalman and be trained into the Signalman position.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.