Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O, The Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels—print, digital, video, and social—with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Marie Claire is looking for an assistant copy/research editor to contribute to both print and digital stories. Main responsibilities include copy-editing and proofreading print-edition stories at all stages; fact-checking various beauty stories, columns, and essays; acting as a liaison between remote fact-checking staff and in-house editors; and inputting edits into InCopy files.
What you’ll do
• Copy-edit stories at all stages of the print process, as well as proofread digital editions
• Fact-check various columns and departments each month
• Contribute fact-checking and original reporting to special projects
• Contribute additional copy-editing and fact-checking for online stories
• Assist in collecting research from off-site fact-checkers
Who you are
• A detail-oriented, meticulous editor with 3 years of professional, post-grad experience copy-editing and fact-checking editorial content at a leading consumer brand
• Strong in your use of the Chicago Manual of Style or another major style guide