Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Canton, Massachusetts
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
MATERIAL HANDLER I
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Material Handler I in our Supply Chain Department at our Canton location. The successful candidate will have completed a high school diploma or GED and have 1-2 years of experience. Previous warehouse experience is preferred. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The candidate will be responsible for various warehouse daily activities. The primary role of this position is to unload/receive inbound shipments and process outbound shipments in compliance with Emergent BioSolutions procedures and applicable regulations. Perform the fulfillment of work orders and production order requests, perform deliveries to various end users at the Canton site. Inventory Management including inventory accuracy and warehouse areas clean and audit ready status at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform material receipt, and stocking including data entry of received items into ERP system, proper labeling and storage of material in accordance with Emergent BioSolutions procedures and CGMP compliance.
* Perform receiving activities for all supplies and equipment for the site. Distribution of received materials to internal customers as indicated by Purchase Order or requested by end users.
* Execution and delivery of picking list and reservations of inventory items, operating supplies and materials to support production schedule and projects.
* Inventory Management Ensure accuracy and integrity of data entry in ERP system. Perform cycle counts as per ERP ABC codes. Maintain office space and warehouse areas clean and in an audit ready state at all time. Timely inventory ERP transactions and disposition of NCMR.
* Execute shipments of raw materials, bulk products, finished products, QC samples, equipment, IT and MRO s supplies as required to support customer orders, manufacturing and project schedules.
* Participate on the on-call program for temperature-controlled storage refrigerator, freezers and warehouses. Document and replace temperature-controlled storage charts as per site procedures.
* Support ACAM2000 License Maintenance program (travel required)
* Using company truck, transport general supplies, MRO s, inventory and equipment between Emergent BioSolutions buildings and offsite storage areas.
* Maintain training record 100% for executable procedures.
* Follow HSE procedures and support the implementation of agreed safety actions.
* Assist to maintain departmental documentation current and compliant with CGMP and Emergent BioSolutions quality system.
Key responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change over time in accordance to business needs. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* High School Diploma or GED (College Degree Preferable).
* 1-2 years of relevant experience.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Previous warehouse experience preferred.
* Previous Cold Chain experience preferred.
* Forklift Certified preferred
* SAP experience preferred.
* Dangerous Goods Shipping Certified (IATA and DOT) preferred
* Able to drive box truck (~ 28 feet).
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 50lbs, pull 50lbs. Use phone, fax, copier, computer, copier and forklift. Work outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications. Able to travel.
Interested* Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions to apply today!
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.